To the superficial observer it must look as if the armies of the two superpowers hold one another in balance. The truth is different. The truth is that these two armies are the sweetest allies, for without the Soviet army we would not need the American Army, and vice versa. The fruits of the labors of the citizens of these two countries would not go to their Defense Departments. Thus the two great armies work in concert, promising fear and hatred to prevent peace from breaking out. They fight peace with all their might. What we really need is a defense department against Defense Departments. (1) (1970)
Leuren Moret: Fukushima radiation has made Hawaii ⚛ ⚛ ⚛ and Pacific islands unsafe for humans ⚛ ⚛ ⚛
Published on Feb 6, 2014
⚛ ⚛ ⚛ ⚛
Published on Jan 10, 2014
- Fukushima Reactors 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 Basic Breakdown
⚛ ⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ ⚛ ⚛ ⚛
Fuel Assembly Removal to Start on November 18, 2013 From Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 4 SFP
⚛ ⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Christina Malik Consolo <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Embargoed for Release: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 9 a.m. EDT
NIH and CDC launch registry for sudden death in the young
A registry of deaths in young people from conditions such as heart disease and epilepsy is being created to help researchers define the scope of the problem and set future research priorities. The National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are collaborating to create the Sudden Death in the Young Registry.
"The sudden death of a child is tragic and the impact on families and society is incalculable," said Jonathan Kaltman, M.D., chief of the Heart Development and Structural Diseases Branch within the Division of Cardiovascular Sciences at the NIH's National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). "This registry will collect comprehensive, population-based information on sudden unexpected death in youths up to age 24 in the United States. It is a critical first step toward figuring out how to best prevent these tragedies."
Cases of sudden cardiac death or sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP) are not routinely or systematically reported, and no commonly agreed upon standards or definitions for reporting currently exist. Complete information has not been collected on the incidences, causes, and risk factors for sudden death in the young. The lack of evidence fuels disagreements about the best prevention approach. Sudden cardiac death, also called sudden cardiac arrest, happens when the heart suddenly and unexpectedly stops beating and blood stops flowing to the brain and other vital organs.
Christina Consolo aka RadChick
Main Facebook page: RadChick Radiation Research & Mitigation
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
Conjoined twin baby girls connected at the abdomen abandoned in Chinese orphanage
8 December 2013
- Baby girls left at the institution in Pingdingshan City, Henan, in August
- Have been named Zheng Hanjing and Zheng Hanwei by staff
- Transferred to Beijing where doctors hope they can be separated
- Due to undergo tests to see if they share any vital organs
Conjoined twin baby girls have been abandoned at an orphanage in China after it is believed their parents could not afford to care for them.
The girls, who are only about three months old, are connected by their abdomens and lie face-to-face.
They are awaiting specialist treatment in Beijing where it is hoped they can be separated.
Conjoined twins Zheng Hanjing and Zheng Hanwei were abandoned at an orphanage in Pingdingshan City, Henan
The baby girls are joined by the abdomen and specialists will carry out tests to determine if they are share any vital organs
The girls were handed to the organisation in Pingdingshan City, Henan Province, on August 11 and have since been named Zheng Hanjing and Zheng Hanwei.
However, it is not known exactly how old they are.
- The models in masks: Shocking images show women forced to don medical garb for fashion event in smog-hit city of Nanjing
- Chinese film director who 'fathered seven babies' in breach of strict one-child policy faces £100million fine
Hanjing and Hanwei have been transferred to a children's home in Beijing while they await a variety of tests to determine if they share any vital organs.
They are being cared for by Mercy Corps children's home and staff member Deng Zhixin said that from 140 rescued children, this was their first case of conjoined twins.
She told Chinese news site Fawan that she refused to 'judge' the twin's mother for abandoning them.
Staff at the Beijing children's home, where they are being cared for, said the girls were happy and 'lively'
The girls were abandoned on August 11 but their exact age is not known
She said it was likely their mother may have been forced to give up her children because of poverty and being unable to afford proper medical care.
Deng said the pair are 'lively' and they are turned by staff every hour as they cannot roll by themselves.
It is hoped the twins could be separated as early as this month but surgeons still need to determine what, if any, organs the babies are connected by.
Next week the babies will be given a heart examination and abdominal ultrasounds to see if any organs are shared.
About one in every 200,000 live births worldwide result in conjoined twins.
Children's home staff said it is likely the girls were abandoned because their parents could not afford to care for them
Around 40 to 60 per cent of conjoined twins arrive stillborn, and about 35 per cent survive only one day and long-term survival is between five and 25 per cent.
The condition is three times more likely to occur among females than males and a third of conjoined twins are attached at the lower chest, sharing organs.
Although success rates have improved over the years, surgical separation is still rare.
Since 1950, at least one twin has survived separation about 75 per cent of the time.
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
'We are now able to eavesdrop on the brain': Scientists come closer to mind-reading devices following breakthrough brain study
- Stanford University School of Medicine develop new way to monitor brain technique
- Called 'intracranial recording', it involves removing a section of the skull and attaching electrodes to exposed brain surface
- Following tests on three epilepsy patients, researchers found there were spikes in electrical activity whenever the subjects were faced mathematical equations, even just with words like 'more than' or 'many'
- The results mean potential new medical applications, such as brain chips that grant people who cannot speak a way of communicating
PUBLISHED: 14:30 EST, 8 December 2013 | UPDATED: 17:10 EST, 8 December 2013
Science fiction has long speculated what it would be like to peek inside a person's mind and find out what they are thinking.
Now scientists are one step closer to such technology after forging a new brain monitoring technique that could lead to the development of 'mind-reading' applications.
The breakthrough comes from a Stanford University School of Medicine study that was able to 'eavesdrop' on a person's brain activity as they performed normal functions by utilizing a series of electrodes attached to certain portions of the brain.
The process, called 'intracranial recording', was tested on three epilepsy seizure patients who had been admitted to the hospital for pre-surgery observation, according to FoxNews.com.
A new study from the Stanford University School of Medicine has developed a new way to monitor the brain
During visits, the patients had a portion of their skull temporarily removed so that intracranial electrodes can be attached to the exposed brain surface.
They are then monitored for up to a week as the electrodes pick up electrical activity in the brain, allowing neurologists to observe the patients’ seizures and pinpoint the exact portion of the brain from which the seizures are originating.
The patients were confined to their rooms and were comfortable, pain-free and alert, making them perfect for understanding how the brain operates in normal scenarios.
The patients were asked to solve mathematical equations and various true/false questions that appeared on a computer screen.
Some of the true/false questions required the use of simple mathematical calculation, such as verifying whether or not 2 + 2 = 5.
After analyzing the patients' electrode records from these experiments, the researchers saw a spike in the electrical activity of the brain’s intraperietal sulcus when the patients performed calculations.
Results from the study identified brain cells that spiked in electricity when faced with mathematical equations. Researchers discovered that 'when the subject is reminiscing, laughing or talking' these cells are not activated
They also found that activity in this brain region spiked several other times throughout the day.
By watching back video recordings of the experiments, the research team discovered that whenever a number was mentioned - even just through words like 'many' or 'more than' - the same spikes were seen in the intraperietal sulcus, which was a very unexpected finding.
The findings, which will be detailed in Nature Communications, provide a new framework for studying for the brain works in normal day-to-day circumstances.
- What happened to the 'comet of the century'? Nasa begins search for fragments of Ison after its close encounter with the sun
- For sale: Rare German successor to the Enigma machine that defeated Bletchley Park's code breakers during WWII
- World's oldest DNA is recovered from a 400,000-year-old thigh bone - and provides a new jigsaw piece in the history of evolution
'We’re now able to eavesdrop on the brain in real life,' lead author Dr. Josef Parvizi, associate professor of neurology and neurological sciences and director of Stanford’s Human Intracranial Cognitive Electrophysiology Program (SHICEP), told The Amalgest.
'The beauty of this paper is not just to report another experimental finding, but it is a breakthrough in terms of methodological advancement in terms of being able to record from brain activity in real life, natural conditions.
'These nerve cells were not firing chaotically'.
The ways in which doctors and scientists are able to study the brain are limited because of the organ's sensitivity. The new method, called intracranial recording, is being seen as a breakthrough in the area
'They’re very specialized, active only when the subject starts thinking about numbers.
'When the subject is reminiscing, laughing or talking, they’re not activated.'
Thus, it was possible to know, simply by consulting the electronic record of participants’ brain activity, whether they were engaged in quantitative thought during nonexperimental conditions.
Parvizi said the success of the study meant that intracranial recordings could change the way researchers observe the brain.
Current brain monitoring techniques, such as magnetic resonance imagining (MRI), do not provide a very accurate picture of the human brain in normal settings.
'The MRI scanner is several tons, and you can’t actually take an MRI scanner home, but this (apparatus) is something you can walk with – as a patient of course,' Parvizi said.
'So subjects that are implanted with these spying electrodes, they were walking and talking… We have a new method by which we can study the brain activity in natural environments, so it’s totally different than other experiments.'
Parvizi said this technique has the potential to lead to very beneficial medical applications, especially for patients whose brains or nervous systems have been severely damaged.
The future: It is hoped the findings of the new study will one day allow for people who cannot speak to be implanted with brain chips that could allow machines to talk for them
'If we’re able to decipher the code of brain activity, let’s say beyond mathematics, then patients who are unable to speak, for example (due to) stroke, or are unable to move, we could use this deciphering method to communicate with machines so that machines can do (the talking),' Parvizi said.
'Or we can somehow try to understand what’s going on in the brain activity without even patients talking.'
While some experts have speculated that Parvizi’s new technique could one day be used in a sinister way to read a patient’s private thoughts, Parvizi said that is still a very fictional concept.
'This is too far-fetched. We are not there yet. We are light years away from mind-reading,' Parvizi said.
'I don’t want people to get scared that doctors are mind-reading their patients.'
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
Fukushima Update: Leuren Moret interviews Yumi Kikuchi and Gen Morita
Leuren Moret interviews Yumi Kikuchi and Gen Morita on conditions in Japan and their Project to evacuate children from the Japanese archipelago.
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ ⚛ ⚛ (Current History)
Has Moved to Its Own Page
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ Leuren Moret: Global Nuclear Coverup Parts 1&2, Have Moved to Their Own Pages
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ ⚛ ⚛ Leuren Moret: Global Nuclear Coverup, is doing the Spring Cleaning. Articles are now moved onto their own Pages and grouped differently in some cases. ⚛ ⚛ ⚛
- ❁ Currents
- ❦ Moret & Battis: Jade Helm ❦
- 🌎 New World Order America 🇺🇸
- ⨳ Geopolitics Ukraine | E.U. Judo 🌍
- 👥 Template: Jade Helm
- ✠ America’s Domestic Pacification ✠
- ♨️ Chernobyl, Zaporozhye, Blackmail ⚛
- 💉 REBRANDING DISASTER🔪
- 👤 Eurasian Enigma Arises
- 🔴 Donetsk Nuclear Explosion ⚫️
- ✈︎ MH-17, Jesuits Flagged! BRICS Undermined?
- 💣 The Ukrainian Failed State 🌍
- 🔑 Our Decisions Define Us🔑
- ✠ Child Abuse 💀
- 💣 Mozgovoi’s Murder 🔪
- 🎱 Yatsenyuk's Russian Threat 🔮
- ||| Prison Ukraine |||
- ✍ CyberBerkut Reports 👥
- ♨️ Crazy Arseniy’s -USED- Ukraine Fire Sale! ♨️
- ✝ AZOV CRUCIFIXION ✝
- 👤 Eyewitness Debaltsevo Cauldron 💀
- ✍ Historic Slaviansk Doctor Interviewed
- 💀 The Tragedy of Uglegorsk
- ♟ Jan. 2015 Minsk Fail 🃏
- ➷ Tochka Found, Debaltsevo Locked
- 🌍 World Facing Second Chernobyl
- ✈︎ MH-17 AND THE Jesuit Minuet
- ✈︎ MH-17, Jesuits Flagged!, Video
- 💀 Death’s Drummers
- 👤 DPR! Novorossiya Calling
- 💀 Ukraine’s Chernobyl Armor
- 🎱 Gas to Ukraine Blocked
- ❁ Global Nuclear Theatre: Donbass
- ✠ GHOSTS of the 51st BRIGADE
- ❁ Novorossiya: Strelkov Briefing
- 👤 Open Letter to President Putin
- ✈︎ MH-17 Dutch Interim Report
- 💣 Surrendering UA Murdered by Punatives
- ♟ Mutiny of the Euro-Integrators ♟
- ➹ View from Ukraine Operating Room
- ❁ Ukraine’s Violent Escalation
- ❁ Ukrainian Soldier’s Cry for Help
- ⧱ Occupied Ukraine ⧱
- ❁ US State's Nuland Directs Ukrainian Coup
- 📯 Ukraine Deputies Knew Before Maidan
- ♞ The Nameless Triangle
- ✠ Jesuits/Templar’s Origins & Aims
- 🇷🇺 Russia Is Coming 🇷🇺
- 💣 Israel: Out of Erupt!
- 💉 Vaccines 💀
- ❁ Health In 2015
- 🎥 Geopolitics, Jesuits & History
- 🎥 Rebranded ✠ The Jesuits ✠
- ⚛ Zaporhyze Nuclear Events & Geopolitics
- ❁ Fukushima Polar Vortex Radiation ❁
- 💀 Embrace, Enfold, Extinguish
- ✈︎ Fear of Flying . . . (1of4)
- ❁ Fukushima: Impact of Fallout On Oceans (Pt.1)
- ❁ Fukushima: Impact of Fallout On Oceans (Pt. 2)
- ❁ North America, Middle East and Fukushima
- ❁ DHS/Napolitano Berkeley Template
- ❁ Fukushima Radiation, Ecocide & Tesla Technology
- ✈︎ Flight 370 Downing
- ✈︎ MH370: The Follow-Up
- ❁ Domestic Radiation Issues
- ❁ Fukushima: Hawaii, Pacific Is. - Unsafe
- 🌏 International Sites Featuring LM:GNC
- 🎥 LKM ON CTM 🎥
- 🎥 LKM On Fairdinkum Media 🎥
- ❁ Editorial Page
- ❁ Conversations
- ❁ Waves
- ⚛ Radiation Around The Nation 🌎
- ⚛ Your Radiation, June 19-26, 2015 🌎
- ⚛ Your Radiation, June 12-19, 2015 🌏
- ⚛ Your Radiation, June 5-12, 2015 🌎
- ⚛ Your Radiation, May 29 - June 5, 2015 🌎
- ⚛ Your Radiation, May 22-29, 2015 🌎
- ⚛ Your Radiation, May 15-22, 2015 🌎
- ⚛ Your Radiation, May 8-15, 2015 🌎
- ⚛ Your Radiation, May 2-8, 2015 🌎
- ⚛ Your Radiation, April 24 - May 1, 2015 🌎
- ⚛ Your Radiation, April 17-24, 2015 🌎
- ⚛ Your Radiation, April 9-16, 2015 🌎
- ⨳👤⨳ Space-Based Weapons Ban
- √ Saudi OP Strategy Success
- ♨️ Gallery ♨️ Chernobyl Fire ♨️ 2015 ♨️
- 🌍 Monsanto Backdoors E.U.
- 🎉 Crimea’s 1st Anniversary Album 🎉
- 🌏 21st Century Eschalon
- ✄ Prouty Place ✑ CUT THE BULL ✂︎
- 🌏 How To Wreck The Environment
- 🇯🇵 Plutonium Isotopes Off Japan
- 🌍 Depopulation Agenda: Europe 👤
- ❁ Dutch Apologize for MH-17 Lies
- ❁ Pacific Dead from Fukushima
- ❁ Strange Fish Story
- ❁ Blood Composition of Monkeys Altered Near Fukushima
- ❁ Secret Army Bases
- ⚛ Fukushima Plutonium Effect ⚛
- ➷ RAND Demographic Military Power ➷
- ⚛ Depleted Uranium | DNA Damage ⚛
- ❁ Hidden Genocide: by Dr. Ernest Sternglass
- ❁ Space Preservation Act of 2001
- ❁ 1972 Rothschild Ball
- ❁ Unsafe Radwaste Disposal
- ♆ Fallout and Reproduction of Ocean Fish Populations
- ⚛ Radiation Around The Nation 🌎
- ❁ Lifestyle
- ❁ Archive
- ❁ New Bombs and War Crimes in Fallujah
- ❁ Global Climate Change . . .
- ⚛ International Radiation Distribution ⚛
- 💀 Depleted Uranium’n’DNA 😱
- ❁ UC Regents Lose Nuke Pgm
- ❁ DU-Trojan Horse
- ❁ LM:GNC (Pt1)
- ❁ LM:GNC (Pt2)
- ❁ World Uranium Weapons Conference 2003
- ⚛ Radionuclide ReMobilization Abatement
- ❁ "America First" Transcription
- ❁ "Whale Archive" Transcription
- ❁ Glossary
- ❁ Contact
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
⚛ ⚛ ⚛
Visitors to LM:GNC